Keeping Essential Panels Safe And Visible During Construction
Keep your essential panels accessible and protected with custom acrylic covers. Whether your business is undergoing a renovation or you have ongoing construction work happening on your property, it’s important to take measures to protect your essential panels and equipment. By using custom acrylic covers and complying with OSHA safety requirements, you can keep your business running smoothly.
What Are Different Types of Panels That Need Protection?
There are a few different types of panels and equipment that are commonly shielded during construction:
- HVAC units: These are essential for regulating the temperature inside your building, and it’s important to keep your HVAC system protected from construction debris and dust.
- Electrical panels: Protect electrical connections and live wires from damage during construction.
- Data cables: Exposed data cables require a shield to guard them against damage.
- Windows: During construction, keep your windows covered so that dust and debris don’t enter the building.
- Doors: Cover doors to keep dust and debris out.
How Can I Cover My Panels?
There are a few ways you can cover your panels and equipment:
- Use custom acrylic covers: these are made to fit over specific types of equipment, and they offer clear visibility so you can monitor your equipment.
- Install safety fencing: This is a good option for areas where there is a lot of construction activity happening.
- Use tarps or sheets: They handle large areas but often blow away in the wind.
- Install plastic sheeting: This is a good option for large areas, and it’s easy to install and remove.
- Install custom-made panels: These options cover areas you don’t need to access regularly.
What Are the OSHA Safety Requirements?
OSHA has a number of safety requirements pertaining to construction equipment:
- Employees must know how to safely use the equipment.
- You must properly maintain the equipment.
- Use equipment per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Employees must wear proper safety gear, such as gloves, goggles, and hard hats.
By following these safety requirements, you can help to protect your employees and your business.
Looking For Custom Design Acrylic Covers?
Looking for a reliable supplier of OSHA-approved acrylic covers? At SmartGuard, we custom design these products to fit over specific types of equipment. They offer clear visibility and comply with industry safety requirements. Contact us today to learn more.